Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Vancouver and Celine...Here I Come!


I just went to Vancouver Canada with my best friend Jenn. We took off Sunday morning and drove up to her parents house. It only took us a little more then 4 hours. They live in a beautiful home in a beautiful area. I couldn't believe how many awesome old homes up there. Jenn's family were wonderful hosts. They welcomed me with open arms. They took me around showing me their city...it is HUGE! I felt at home with all the European names. Kensington, Surrey, Westminister and so on. I LOVED IT! It was strange to go without Rick or the kids...but it was nice. I didn't have to worry about homework, schedules, phone calls, play dates, soccer, church, dinners, kids baths, brushing teeth, shopping (well, I did shop, but not for groceries!) and so on. It felt weird to get ready for bed all by myself and no one else to worry about. I loved it, but I sure missed them all at home.

The reason we went up there was to go to Celine Dion's concert. Jenn and Matt got the ticket from Jenn's parents for Christmas, but Matt didn't want to go...I don't know why...other then his friends would never let him get away with that very easlily. I'm glad he didn't go, 'cause I loved it! We had a ball. Jenn's parents, her sisters, Shawna and Shelly and her husband went. There was an opening act by Gordon Brown...it was soooo good! He was a comedian...laughed a lot! Celine was great, very entertaining. I didn't think I would know any songs, other then the Titanic one, but I did and I have to admit, they were good. I think one of the best parts was this girl next to Jenn's dad (first I have to say that Jenn's dad tolerated the concert) but the girl next to him was in love with Celine. She sang every song with power and had tears in her eyes once in a while...it was hilarious!

I hope we can do this again. Jenn and I. We had so much fun together. THANKS MY FRIEND! I also have to say thanks to all those involved. Jenn's family for letting me stay there and have me come to the concert. Adria, The Riggan family, and Becky for watching our kids while I was gone. Obviously my dear husband Rick, who actually cleaned the house for me. ANd last but not the least my wonderful children, Isabella and Dylan who was so good while I was gone. LOVE YOU ALL!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I had an awesome time!!!! We need to make this an annual trip! Love ya!