Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ye Shall Know Them By Their Fruit...

I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that I have struggled for a while with my testimony. I'm not hiding it...and mainly because if I am open with it maybe someone might be able to answer some questions. (But if you are surprise...well, now you know.) Having said that, I have such a strong testimony about Jesus Christ and for all that he has done for us. I truly believe in Him.

Since my surgery I have been able to think a lot. The scripture above "Ye Shall Know Them By Their Fruit" (Matt 7:16), is so true. I think it's amazing how people in our church are so helpful and so selfless. I have friends of different faiths and they often comment how they barely know anyone in their church, and if something goes wrong...well no one really knows. I know that some people think organized churches are for the weak. Well, I have to disagree. If it's weak to feel loved, cared for, thought of and that's just the extra perks and not really the "real" reason we are going to worship, well...I guess then I prefer to be "weak".
I just feel so thankful for my friendships and support I receive from my fellow members. Thank you...I love you!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Nice post my friend...love you!

Lissa said...

Camilla, I think you have a stronger testimony then you give yourself credit for. You have always been such an example to me. I think everyone has there levels as to when they can or cannot feel their testimony and that is what we struggle with is always feeling it. That is our journey here on earth. But you have always stood for what you believe in and show your love for the savior every day. I love you and pray you will get better soon! And be able to get out of the hospital. I'm so glad you have such good ward members and friends you and Rick can rely on.